One month of summer is gone and I can hardly believe it! I’ve been having a lot of fun, both in real life and on the blog. I’m going to library school! I got a new kitten! I saw The XX in concert! True Blood Season 6 started, along with weekly dinners at Mister BS’s grandma’s to watch it together! Many, many exclamation point worthy things.
I also received some surprise books in the mail: The Year of the Gadfly, by Jennifer Miller, which I won from Great New Books, and Estelle from Rather be Reading was kind enough to send me a copy of J. H. Trumble’s Where You Are after we talked about our love for LGBTQ lit. Unexpected books like these have a way of derailing my TBR list, but I’m excited to read them in July!
Here’s what happened on the blog in June:
YA Book Reviews
- Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
- The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler
- Winger by Andrew Smith
- When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney
Adult Book Reviews
- Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld
- Four Urban Fantasy + Paranormal Romance Mini-Reviews
- Raven Girl by Audrey Niffenegger
- Ten LBGTQ YA Novels for Pride Month
- “Summer” YA Reads
- TTT: Beach Reads
- TTT: YA Favorites from the First Half of 2013
- TTT: Road Trip Books on my TBR List
At the Library
- Out + About: Road Trip Library Display
- Passive Programming: Book in a Jar
- I’m gonna be a “real” librarian.
- Storytime: Books and the Library
BEA + NYC
- Some Initial Thoughts on BEA
- BEA Bloggers “Convention” Recap
- Tumblr Does YA Party
- Lorca Exhibit at NYPL
- Queens, Boobs, and Feminist Taylor Swift
- Sexism in the World of Science Fiction, Diversity in Dystopian Fiction, and Badass Heroines YA
How is your summer going so far? What are you looking forward to in July?