A lot has been going on this lately! Big projects, big changes, and some of the best reading of the year. Here’s what happened on the blog (and other places around the webs) this month.
- All Our Yesterdays by Cristine Terrill
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
- Bad Girls: Sirens, Jezebels, Murderesses, Thieves, and Other Female Villians by Jane Yolen and Heidi E. Y. Stemple, illustrated by Rebecca Guay
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
- All Our Pretty Songs by Sarah McCarry
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- Literacy and Graphic Novels: Why There’s Nothing Wrong with Teens Reading Comics
- What is New Adult Fiction, Anyway? (NoveList)
- Photography Program Brings Divergent to Life (NoveList)
- A Guide to YA Novels with LGBTQ Characters (The Hub)
I’ve got a lot going on at the library—Read Across Lawrence, Banned Books Week, presenting at my state library conference, and other exciting projects I can’t really talk about yet. I’m busy with school and also working at the high school library in the morning, but still hope to have some time to blog here.
In September, I’m participating in the Classics Retold project, so there will be some posts on Norse mythology and reviews of books that are inspired by those trickster gods. Other than that, I’ll mostly be reviewing audiobooks, because that’s pretty much all I have time to read lately!
What was your favorite book you read in August? What exciting projects are you looking forward to? Feel free to share a link in the comments!